Over the years, we all have seen a lot of things inside of air ducts. But what about the outside part of the ductwork system? This blog from Mont Blanc Air Duct Cleaning answers your question, Is air duct insulation worth it?
It helps you prevent temperature changes and leaks.
- The right application of duct insulation can help you stop leaks, temperature drops, and condensation build-up.
- Condensation often forms because of extreme temperature changes. Always put in mind that insulation maintains proper and steady temperatures within your ductwork system.
- Condensation can also lead to mold build-up and health issues. Leaks and sudden temperature changes can increase your utility bills.
Hire an expert if you are experiencing these difficulties.
It can decrease your utility bills.
The appropriate or right kind of air duct insulation is worth it! Here’s why:
- You could lose anywhere from 10%- 30% of the energy used to heat or cool your place. If you consider your HVAC system is the single-largest appliance in your homes or businesses that uses the most energy, you could substantially reduce your utility bills over time.
- The longer you own efficient, insulated ductwork, the more money you could save in your pocket or bank.
Experts can suggest the type of duct insulation that’s best and appropriate for your building.
Do you know where to place the air duct insulation?
- Mostly, air duct insulation should go around your ducts that travel through uninhabited spaces of your place, such as unfinished attics or basements, unfinished rooms, and crawlspaces.
- It keeps you away from experiencing heat or cooling loss as well as air leaks.
How much air duct insulation do you need?
- Specialists recommend R-values of 5 to 8 for most residential air duct insulation, depending on where the ducts are designated.
- Locations that undergo extreme temperature changes may need R-values of 13 to 30, like ducts in attic knee walls, exterior walls, or floors over a crawlspace.
- Often, the insulation in your walls, floor, or ceilings protects the ductwork in your place. Don’t worry! Experts can recommend how to insulate your ductwork properly for optimal results.
Talk to Our Experts at Mont Blanc Air Duct Cleaning
The expert team at Mont Blanc Air Duct Cleaning can provide top-quality and fast air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning services in residences and commercial buildings in most areas of the United States. Our team of experts will even remove insulation from your building. Don’t worry! Mont Blanc Air Duct Cleaning specializes in the HVAC ductwork throughout your residential or commercial building. For more information on our services, you can give our customer services team a call right away.